America's Party News - AmericasPartyNews.com - Committees of Correspondence
  • America's Founding Principles
  •   Home  |  About  |  Platform  |  Affiliate  |  No donations  |  National Committee  |  Be a LeaderSearch  |  Inbox  |  My Settings  |  Log-in  

'America's Summit  –  Restore the Republic'

Every Tues. & Thurs. night  –  9 pm EST
    712-432-3566  –  passcode 340794#

Archive  –  Listen on the web

Contact Posting Guidelines

DARRELL SCOTT'S SPEECH TO CONGRESS?
    ::
       Independent Media & Educational Projects -> America's Party News - 'We are the Media!'

Evil is only as strong as the good let it be...

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women.. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out f or answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA—because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy—it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,

Your words are empty air.

You've stripped away our heritage,

You've outlawed simple prayer.

Now gunshots fill our classrooms,

And precious children die.

You seek for answers everywhere,

And ask the question "Why?"

You regulate restrictive laws,

Through legislative creed.

And yet you fail to understand,

That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs—politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America, and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA—I give to you a sincere challenge. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

Do what the media did not—let the nation hear this man's speech.. Please send this out to everyone you can. God Bless

Bob Patenaude (bobpatenaude@pamphleteernet.com)

unepatenaude@pamphleteernet.com ______________________________________________________

From email 

Posted 2009-04-08 9:22 AM (#11036) By: marchingon

(April 20,…)

http://media.fastclick.net/w/pc.cgi?mid=320671&sid=1796
    Actual statement, (above)

And Snopes.com posting…with articles.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/scott.asp

These are the only facts I need to here… I pray its good enough for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtXdrJkwCsY

Great poem.

Rachel’s Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BouLmmQZyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9JNMb27rDM

Columbine, April 20, 1999

But what if its all true?

Edited by gcsteven 2009-04-08 10:38 AM
    Posted 2009-04-08 10:24 AM (#11039 - in reply to #11036) By: gcsteven

We are all these days looking for dialogue beyond the clap-trap of the talking heads who continue to re-direct the national rhetoric towards a post-modern hyper-focus upon that which they dare to call "practical" matters.

Life in the now is the sumtotal of their reality.  Yesterday is gone and tomorrow does not yet exist (at least not for them).  Any discussion of eternity is as irrelevant to them as it is to cows.

When men no longer acknowledge their own souls, or those of others, their conversation turns hopelessly banal and predicated upon an endless string of disjointed and incoherent minutia which they mistake for "real life."

American rhetoric, as distinct from the rest of the world's, traditionally focuses on "life more abundantly," and that depends upon a belief in timelessness, the great beyond, and the resident landlord of that realm who is the source of this universe.  Indeed, it depends upon the conviction and resolution that this source has expressed itself in the person of Christ, His sacrifice, resurrection, and imminent return.  Anything less will not philosophically hold the American dream together, let alone perpetuate it.

Darrell Scott gets this, but does Congress?  Did anybody back in the 1950's when ex-communist Whittaker Chambers wrote his book, and made a letter to his children the introduction of that book?  He put the Cold War into a much larger context, outside the current decade, century, even millenium.  It goes back to Eden and man's insistence on being his own god.

Communists are that part of mankind which has recovered the power to live or die -to bear witness-for its faith. And it is a simple, rational faith that inspires men to live or die for it. . .

It is not new. It is, in fact, man's second oldest faith. Its promise was whispered in the first days of the Creation under the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil: "Ye shall be as gods." It is the great alternative faith of mankind. Like all great faiths, its force derives from a simple vision. Other ages have had great visions. They have always been different versions of the same vision: the vision of God and man's relationship to God. The Communist vision is the vision of Man without God. 

It is the vision of man's mind displacing God as the creative intelligence of the world. It is the vision of man's liberated mind, by the sole force of its rational intelligence, redirecting man's destiny and reorganizing man's life and the world. It is the vision of man, once more the central figure of the Creation, not because God made man in His image, but because man's mind makes him the most intelligent of the animals. Copernicus and his successors displaced man as the central fact of the universe by proving that the earth was not the central star of the universe. Communism restores man to his sovereignty by the simple method of denying God.

In Chambers' explanation, the struggle of communism escapes the gravitational pull of minutia:

It is not simply a vicious plot hatched by wicked men in a sub-cellar. It is not just the writings of Marx and Lenin, dialectical materialism, the Politburo, the labor theory of value, the theory of the general strike, the Red Army, secret police, labor camps, underground conspiracy, the dictatorship of the proletariat, the technique of the coup d'etat. It is not even those chanting, bannered millions that stream periodically, like disorganized armies, through the heart of the world's capitals: Moscow, New York, Tokyo, Paris, Rome. These are expressions of Communism, but they are not what Communism is about.

Communism is one more expression of man's spittle on the face of his Savior and Creator.

The message is, "We will punish you for making us free beings.  We will rebel.  That will teach you not to bring into being creatures who feel pain at their wrong choices.  Let it stand as a command, from the creation to the Creator, to only make entities that are mindlessly happy and blissful, but never again free to choose."

This is the lecture the secularists refuse to deliver for it would reveal the heart of the matter and open a real dialogue in which the People would be emboldened to snatch back control of the powers of the state, for themselves and their posterity.

Can't have that.

"Shut up about the metaphysical stuff!  Keep the conversation 'on topic.'  Stay 'practical.'  That stuff is to be kept in church.  Bring it out into the open, into the public square, and you are asking for the charge of 'shoving your beliefs down the throats of others.'"

So far, the Gospel has been placed into a position of social disapproval.  The next step is equating "I am the Way" with yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.

And the church has mostly acquiesced.

Go Darrell Scott!  He speaks for the Truth, for the Way, for Life more abundantly, over "real life."

Edited by Roundhead 2009-04-08 11:00 AM
    Posted 2009-04-08 10:48 AM (#11041 - in reply to #11036) By: Roundhead

Search this forum
    Printer friendly version
    E-mail a link to this thread

Latest Posts From All Affiliates
    Tom Hoefling at Iowa GOP Lincoln Dinner 04.11.2014 - gcsteven (0 replies)

THE SHORT VERSION -- why America's Party is so much better than the Republican Party - TomK--V-USA (0 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for April 8, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

RECLAIMING WASHINGTON'S CHRISTIAN HERITAGE - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Knowing Your Child by Heart - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for April 3, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Parental Rights and Justina Pelletier - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Conference call America's Party of Florida, 8pm, Eastern, First Tuesday of month - Gregory (2 replies)

Audit of America's Party of FL has been submitted - Gregory (3 replies)

Saturday night National Leadership Round Table conference call - 9 pm Eastern - Philomena (2 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for March 25, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Family of Justina Pelletier devastated after Massachusetts judge's ruling - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

America's Party of Florida Officers [Contact information] - SteveSchulin (1 replies)

You created me the way You have so I can communicate to other people how good You are - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Tom Shaw and House File 138 - SavedByGrace (1 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for March 20, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Gov. Branstad Gets a Primary Challenger - Philomena (1 replies)

Six Neglected Issues of Agenda 21 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Saeed Abedini, US pastor held in Iran, denied treatment after prison beating - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

The Christian Obligation to Reject Public Education - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Is Planned Parenthood in your children’s schools? - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for March 6, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Biblical Principle in Public Policy - I Thessalonians 4 : 11–12 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

The Romeike Homeschool Case—What a Turnaround! - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

A Response to the February 7, 2014 Article Referring to the Ken Ham, Bill Nye Debate - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

'You can't do this!' Parents revolt against 'ObamaCore' - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Biblical Principles in Public Policy - Proverbs 28 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Speak up for morality today! - forJustice (1 replies)

It's the first question to ask Texas Gov. Rick Perry - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

80 more voting fraud cases in Iowa sent to prosecutors - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for February 26, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Children in Myanmar Sing Worship Songs to The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Attorney General Supremacy - Holder Sees Way to Curb Bans on Gay Marriage - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham Debate Answers - SavedByGrace (1 replies)

O LORD of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in You! Psalm 84:12 - In God we trust! - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Pastor Abedini's February 18 Letter from Prison - Please Continue to Pray for Him and His Family - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

'America's Summit - Restore the Republic' - Every Tuesday and Thursday night - 9 pm EST - EternalVigilance (2 replies)

Sean Hannity Pro Life? - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Tom Shaw, Iowa HF 2175 - Defend Life (02.11.2014) - gcsteven (0 replies)

America Prays Psalm 73 - SavedByGrace (1 replies)

A Timely Message From Janet Lynn Salomon, A Christian Patriot, Gifted Skater, Wife And Mother - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

The Precious Love of Christ Enables Those Who Abide in Him to Withstand the Persecution of the World - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

God is love and has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him! - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for February 13, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

A Prayer For Christians In Our Nation - Psalm 79:9,13 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Our hope centers not in circumstances, not in a political party, but in a person, Jesus Christ! - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Response to Rev. Jason McGuire and NYCF Supporters of H. R. 7 - SavedByGrace (1 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for February 5, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

God's Answer To Bill Nye The Science Guy - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

America's Party upholds founding principles - Florida Conference Call 1st Tues. 8pm Eastern - Gregory (2 replies)

Human Life Begins At Conception - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

NY bill allows third trimester abortion means more babies killed with poison - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham on Feb. 4 at 7 PM ET - Evolution or Genesis 1:1? - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Rotten to the Core - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

How the Bible Helps Players in the Big Game - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Seattle Seahawks - Making of a Champion - For to Me to Live is Christ (Philippians 1:20-21) - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Legislative Updates & Smart Voting News for January 30, 2014 - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

“Long Lost” Book by Fulton J. Sheen Rediscovered and Republished - gcsteven (9 replies)

D'Souza-Ayers Debate Livestream FREE Online - SavedByGrace (1 replies)

Congress' Plan to Highjack Your 401(k) - gcsteven (10 replies)

Response to Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D. President & CEO Americans United for Life Action - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Biblical Principles in Public Policy - Quotes from IndoctriNation http://indoctrinationmovie.com/ - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Update on Pastor Saeed Abedini - Please Continue to Pray for Him and His Family - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

A Message to Rick and Karen Santorum and all Patriot Voices Supporters - SavedByGrace (0 replies)

Audio recording available - Jan 23, 2014 America's Summit: Restore The Republic call - SteveSchulin (0 replies)

America's Chief Executive Is A Murder Advocate - SavedByGrace (3 replies)